Monday, July 4, 2011

A WEEK WITHOUT POWER...whaaaat?

hhhhHHHHEEEYYYY!
 
 Bueno, pues la obra es tan suave ahorita! estamos trabajando muy muy duro aqui en Rosario. El Señor nos ha bendecido muchisimo aqui y no puedo expresar mi agradecimiento por El!
 
haha, there was un poco de español!
 
So whatsup whatsup, the 4th of July is so crazy here...everyone celebrates in the streets and its so much fun...................errrrrr no. haha.
 
I'm lovin the letters, for real, they keep me stoked and remind me how much I absolutely love my family and all the progress I can see you all making! Keep progressing like you are...please!!! Satan is attacking a lot of families big time...but I know that we can all stick together and get through anything! Center the family in Christ and His atonenment...find a way to apply the atonenement every single day in your lives! (I speak to all who are reading this right now). I have grown in my understanding of the atonenement and also in my knowledge of the INFINITE importance it has in our lives! I put emphasis on ´´infinite´´ because what we do here in this life, or how we apply the atonement in our lives NOW, has an infinite effect on what we will recieve and who we will become after this life and for eternity! It seems so simple (the words that I have written) but very recently my mind has been pondering a lot on my personal relationship with the Lord and who He really is and also why it is important that I have a very close and PERSONAL relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Savior! I have thought a lot on this subject the past week or so and I have come to realize that the best way to learn about Him and His son, is to really analize my personal life and my every day actions to see if it is in harmony with what He has taught...then, if anything needs correction, APPLY what He has taught! I was also reading the General Conference talks and I came across the talk given by D. Todd Christofferson and he talks a little bit about the expectations that God has for His children, us, on this earth....he expects and commands us to be PERFECT! He truly is a God of high expectations and He will do all He can to help us to become the kind of person that He knows he wants and knows we can become....and at times, what may not seem like ´´help´´ at the time (trials or correction of sin) will eventually lead us to become ´´like Him´´! I guess what I'm trying to say is, to stay as close to Him as you can...grab the Iron Rod with every bit of strength you have and NEVER EVER let go!
 
Anyway, I think I may have forgotten to tell you this....but a few weeks ago, we lived a full week without power in our house (no light, no stove, cold showers, no fans at night) basically a super hard week, but its really fun to look back on and realize how we survived for a full week with no power in the house! haha. Also, we got a lot of rain this morning and our street literally turned into a river...thats not a joke, it was a river! ha. So you were right, we are getting dumped on right now...its way fun though, we were playing b ball in the rain this morning!
 
We are still working with our neighbors, their Mom just passed away last night......so that was way sad, but its a great opportunity and a blessing to know where she is! it Sounds wierd and at times a little selfish to look at death as an opportunity to teach....but death is one way that the Lord prepares His children to hear His gospel and recieve all the blessings that come with it!
 
We have a lot of baptismal dates for the 16th of this month, so we are going to work really hard with all of our investigators to help them enter into the waters of baptism and recieve all the blessings that the Lord has prepared for them!
 
I love you all more than you know and i wish i could express my gratitude for each one you through the words that i write, but i know thats just not possible...so i hope and pray that you will feel my love for you individually through these simple but loving words!
 
les amo mas que pueden saber,
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment