Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Elder Johnson and I'm Addicted To The Spirit

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
I'm Elder Johnson, and I'm addicted to the spirit.....question: if, as Latter day Saints we arent supposed to be addicted to anything...is it bad that I'm addicted to the spirit?? (missionary humor...sorry to anyone that just read that).
Aaaannnnywayyy, all is well here in the wonderful and blessed city of Rosario! We are continuing to work SUPER hard and trying everything we can to be a blessing in the lives of every person we meet!
Can I just comment on how much I have learned in these past 4 months or so??......I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH IN THESE PAST 4 MONTHS OR SO!!
I really have, its such a blessing to be on a mission and sacrifice everything that I have and at the same time GAIN more than I ever have! It's hard to explain how much I am grateful for this opportunity I have to be here and to represent the Son of God! OH, before I forget....PLEASE READ CONFERENCE!!!! (but only if you want to have more happiness than you ever have had in your life...if not, dont read...but I would recommend it!). Family, I love this work so much! Just thought you should know that! But first and foremost...I love my Heavenly Father, who has given me everything and asks for simple obedience in return! If we truly have a love for our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ...obedience will simply follow! Love your Heavenly Father and pray to Him...thats the most profound yet beautifully simple thing I can tell you!!
Its really cool...while I'm writing you all these emails and expressing a few of my feelings...those feelings increase and I can truly feel the Spirit super strong as I write you all! There's an eternal principle in that...write down your feelings or simply what happened in the day and you will begin to realize how much the Lord has blessed you and you will be able to see and feel a growing testimony inside you! Geeewizzz I love this work! haha.
sooo...we played soccer for the first time today with some of the local members and their friends and it was waaayyyy fun! Super hot but fun nevertheless! ha. I felt so uncoordinated after not having played soccer...or any sport for that matter in a couple months...and not to mention, looking like a fool compared to the mexican kids who are just unbeliveable at soccer! haha. I can't even imagine what I'm going to be like after 2 years...oh, and I wanted to tell you mom, that while we were in the supermarket getting our food for the week....a song comes on.....Bon Jovi....in the middle of Mexico! hahahaha. dont worry....I wasnt listening or anything like that, just recognized the tune.....haha. Bon Jovi makes it to middle of the mountains in the little town of Rosario....niiiccceee. thought you might like to hear that!
So another thing...this week at sacrament wasn't too hot....we had a grand total of.....(drum roll).....11!!! (including the 4 missionaries). haha. thats ok...we are going to continue to work extra hard to have 50 this next week! I learned a lot from this experience though and I hope that I can improve the person that I am through what I have learned!
So I'm way stoked to get this recorder thing! Get anyone you can to record a little somethinnn somethinn! It will be really cool to hear everyones voices again!
Oh and I just found out that I'm going to be training a new Mexicano in 2 changes!!! cuhhrazzy, pray for me! haha. I'm way excited, no joke...it just means that I'm gonna have to really step it up and learn EVERYTHING I can in this change and the next! Its cool to think that the Lord really trusts in me enough to have that kind of responsiobility...its a great opportunity for me to grow closer to my Father in Heaven and learn more about Him and how He wants me to be! Dont let a day go by without doing something to act on the spiritual promptings we are all entitled to! and please please go to the temple!!!!!!!
I love you all almost as much as I know our Father in Heaven loves you!!

Animo, Exito y Adelante!!!
con amor,
Elder Johnson

FINALLY...some pictures!!
Rosario, Mexico

Roberto's Family

The Font.  It's a "SACK"...used for baptisms

Clayra's baptism

hmmmmm...Elder Johnson's looking different!

1 comment:

  1. so happy that we finally figured out how to see the pictures! he looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete