Monday, August 27, 2012

THEY CAME!!


fam fam fam ily.

First of all, I cannot believe that my friends are starting or going to start coming home already.....the time has gone by so fast and it feels like we were just going to all the farewell talks and all the farewell parties, and now the homecoming talks and the homecoming parties start!  WEIRD! haha.  I'm just super stoked for the generation of Derek to start going out, I think we figured out that about 3 months after I get home, Derek will go out...that's crazy!  But that's the cycle of life....oh well.

I totally forgot to congratulate all the BIRTHDAYS!!  WHOOOO!  Little miss Madison and Courtney!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH!  I'm so sorry that I forgot, but time just becomes something totally abstract here in the mission and it just gets away from you!  Sometimes I don't even know if it's supposed to be hot or cold outside!  haha.  But anyway, happy birthday...I love you both! 

Just so you know, I'm loving it here in this area of Costa Rica!  My companion and I are way good friends and it's super fun being able to work with him....but we also are cracking down big time right now and really seeing how we can improve our area and improve the zone and the elders in it!  We have an awesome zone with a ton of awesome elders and I know that we can see so many miracles...we just have to BELIEVE that we can do it!  So this week we went out with that mentality....that we were going to see miracles every single day of the week!  Right now we have a bunch of people who are so close to baptism it's unreal, they all have testimonies that the church is true....they just have fear to take the step of baptism.  We have been really working with them a lot and really trying to get them to come to church and feel the spirit!  So this week we prepared everything so that when Sunday rolled around, we were gonna have everyone in sacrament meeting.  Then when Sunday rolled along, we showed up to the church and almost every single one of our investigators were in church!  WHOO!  We were super happy and we really wanted them to have a spiritual experience. we taught the gospel principles class and it went SUPER well!!  Everyone was participating and we were all learning together...it was way cool and we could feel the spirit way strong!  When we left the class, a few of our investigators told us that they were feeling the spirit and that there was nothing that was going to stop them from coming every week!  We were super STOKED!! There are 2 people who are going to be baptized this week and we are really happy for them! 

Goods things is a happening here in Costa Rica and we are really excited and happy to be here right now!  I love this work and I'm grateful to be a part of it!  I love all of you, and I hope that everything continues to go well!  Sorry I haven't sent any pics lately....I just forget to take them sometimes....but it doesn't mean that I don't love you all....cause I do!  ha.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment