Monday, August 29, 2011

FACE THE FUTURE WITH FAITH


FAMILY!!!!
 
Hey everyone, so I'll start out by saying that I'm super DUPER happy right now for some odd reason!  I think just hearing how much the Lord is blessing my family and how happy everyone is in my home town just lifts my spirits and puts a smile on my face! haha.
 
So, it turns out that my companion was texting one of the members in the ward during the night and then erasing the messages so I didn't see them...but we found out about it and he got taken out of the area...everything was super quick and crazy, but I have a new companion right now, Elder Lopez!  He is also from Mexico...Hidalgo, and he was just a zone leader pretty recently so he's a hard worker...it feels so good to have a companion who is willing to work and who wants to help the Lord fulfill His purposes and promises here upon the earth! 'Super stoked! haha.  Anyway, that's what happened with my comp...pretty wild week.
 
Anyway, Rosario is moving a little slow right now...while we are walking very fast trying to help the people here make the committment to be baptized and receive all the blessings that the Lord has prepared for them!  We really are..."expanding our horizons"....trying to look for new ways to help this area to progress!  Some of the activities that we had went well for one week and then after that, the members stopped coming and everything we had going just fell from under us...there truly is opposition in ALL things! haha. It is truly a battle field out here with Satan and his followers, but we know that when we keep our eye single to the glory of God...we will NEVER lose in the end!  I receive a lot of comfort in that, because sometimes it seems like no matter what we do...nothing works! haha.  But.....by small and simple things! I know we will see the fruits of our labors soon!  I'm glad that I started out my mission in the one of the hardest area of the mission that we have....don't know if you knew that, but this area is known for being pretty tough....because I am learing EVERYTHING here!  I will be able to leave this area with all the knowledge of how to deal with every single situation that comes to me...obviously other areas have other challenges, but I know that I will be prepared!  The Lord is shaping me in so many ways right now that sometimes it's hard to keep up with myself! haha.
 
We are going to continue to work hard here in good ole´ Rosario and pray that we can see Miracles here and continue to progress!  I am absolutely loving my mission and I'm so excited for what the future holds in store for me!  Remember to always face the future with Faith and with a perfect hope in Jesus Christ and His atonement!  We recive all blessings through His grace...and it is when we are doing what He asks us to do that His grace is sufficient for us!
 
I love you all!
 
Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment