Thursday, March 10, 2011

WHATTT UP FAM?

Hola mi familia! Well, today is my second day here at the MTC. So far it’s been soo great here, I absolutely LOVE it! My companions (we are in a triple companionship) are so awesome. Their names are Elder Bigelow and Elder Hernandez. (Hernandez is fluent Spanish, so he’s moving districts soon) but it’s been great to have his spirit in our presence for the time being. He’s moving to a more advanced Spanish class, and because he’s fluent, he leaves in only 3 weeks. Me and Elder Hernandez (excuse my grammar, Elder Hernandez and I) are both headed to Culiacan Mexico and Elder Bigelow is going to Monterrey Mexico. We are all so excited to be here and to feel of God’s love for not only us, but all of his children!
Anyway, I thought I’d let you know that today, I got called to be the District Leader for our district. I am so honored to be called of the Lord to this calling and I receive it with a humble heart. Our district includes Elder Bigelow, Elder Hernandez, Elder Newton, Elder Brinkerhoff, Elder Scott, and Elder Harper and myself. We all get along so well and we had an instant connection with each other. I have a deep love for each and every one of them and want to do all that I can to lead them not only in word, but in deed.
The classes the first couple days, I’ll admit, are pretty long and tough, but the spirit that is in the room moves me forward and urges me to do more. We learned how to pray in Spanish (espanol) today and it was great. I feel like I’ve already progressed so much in the language.
Anyway, I will give you more details in my email, but for the time being, I will be quite “frank” and tell you that my hand is starting to kill me.
I love you all sooo much, and I know you will stay close to the Lord and gain a greater relationship with Him. The Lord, Jesus Christ, truly is our Savior and God loves us so much. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I want all of you to stay VERY close to that book and I know that it will bless your lives so much. The blessings of this gospel are exponential and there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Take Care,

Elder Johnson
(Hijo de Juan) hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment